Thursday, July 10, 2014

Parsons SIS: Day 6

    Today in Design Portfolio we started our studies on color theory. Before that, however, we did critiques of all our previous artwork, which was very helpful. The comments were all very constructive and mostly positive; it was wonderful to get honest, thought-out opinions of other artists. After our critiques we discussed the values of colors and started painting color wheels with exact values. This was very interesting because it showed me how to view colors in a completely different way, and showed me how to strategically use colors to add to a composition.
   In the other portion of my classes, we started solid construction on our recycled materials dress, using my design for the top of the dress with folded vellum paper. The very structural aspects of the design really reflect our inspiration well, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment